ACTIFLO® Disc is a polishing solution designed to achieve high removal levels of suspended solids and phosphorus in municipal and industrial wastewater for water reuse.
Actiflo® Disc’s configuration combines two efficient and compact treatment processes: a conventional Actiflo® phase, namely coagulation-flocculation ballasted bu microsand which allows for high-performance clarification, followed by a rotating disk filter polishing system for tertiary treatment.
With a total removal rate in excess of 95% for phosphorus and up to more than 99% for suspended solids, Actiflo Disc’s performance exceeds most discharge and reuse standards.
- Very compact solution, easy to adjust to present facilities or sites to be refurbished.
- Compactness: a footprint up to 80% lower than other conventional processes.
- Very low water losses
- Provides a protective barrier against parasites (ex: Helminth eggs).
- Lower turbidity, suspended solids and reduces residual phosphate contents.
- Gravity filtration
- Continuous supply with no shutdown to wash filters
Thanks to its unique equipment design, ACTIFLO® Disc is applicable in several industrial and municipal situations.
- Pre-treatment upstream of the membrane to produce drinking water
- Wastewater treatment
- Tertiary wastewater treatment for reuse in irrigation, replenishing the groundwater table or for urban use.
- Industrial wastewater treatment
- Production of process water
- Wastewater treatment for reuse
Some Municipal References
- El Prat (Baix Llobregat), Barcelona, Spain, 2006, 346,000 m3/day Tertiary treatment for reuse, aquifer recharge, irrigation, urban cleaning, salt wedge and in industry
- Camp Tarragona (Tarragona), Spain, 2010, 30,000 m3/ day - Tertiary treatment for reuse as process water and coolant in the chemicals industry
- Hefei Binhu Beilaowei (Ph. I), China, 2014,30 000 m3/dayTertiary treatment, settling velocity
- Manawatu District Council, Feilding WWTP, New Zealand, 2013, 7,500 m3/day Tertiary treatment of biological filtration effluents
- TOM Prinsenland, Dinteloord, Netherlands, 2013, 2,400 m3/day pre-treatment of effluents and surface water upstream of an “RO”, reuse for greenhouse irrigation
Municipal potable water
- Harpeth Valley UD, Nashville, TN, USA - 90,000 m3/day, (2015)
Some Industrial References
Industrial reuse /process water
- Bäckhammars Bruk, Kristinehamn, Sweden, 2002, 48,000 m3/day Treatment of river water to produce Pulp & Paper process water
- Mankato, USA, 2006, 54,000m3/day Tertiary treatment for reuse as boiler water at the Calpine plant
- Vale, (Inco) Goro Nickel, New Caledonia, France, 2008, 70,000 m3/day
- Polishing treatment of mine effluents for disposal in sensitive natural environments.
- Corning Japan, Japan, 2010, 500 m3/day Primary treatment of effluents for microelectronics sector
- Stratford Peaker Power Project , Taranaki, New Zealand, 2010, 6,000 m3/day River water treatment for process water production
- Philips Lumileds, Bayan Lepas (Penang), Malaysia, 2012, 800 m3/day, Primary treatment of effluents for microelectronics sector, reuse as process water
Resources & Product Range
A two-in-one, ready-to-use system designed to adjust to substantial fluctuations in wastewater flows. It can operate as a conventional lamella clarifier in times of low flow or as a coagulation/flocculation with settling ballasted and micro sand in times of high flow.
Clarification and Flotation
This technology combines the features and the efficiency of standard Actiflo with the adsorption qualities of activated carbon to remove compounds that are refractory to water clarification. Thanks to powdered activated carbon, it ensures the production of high-quality drinking.